Rural Kanata (MLS® # 1055694)
- MLS®: 1055694
- Single Family
- Bedrooms: 4
- Bathrooms: 5
- Car Garage: 2
- Date Available: TBD
- Year Built: 1971
(DUE TO A LARGER FILE SIZE ABOVE VIDEO MAY BE CHOPPY ON A SLOWER INTERNET CONNECTION. IF SO PLEASE PAUSE THE VIDEO AND WAIT UNTIL IT PRELOADS TO VIEW)
Style: Detached 2 Storey
Legal Description: CONSOLIDATION OF VARIOUS PROPERTIES PART OF LOT 21 CONCESSION 7 PART 1PLAN 4R15280 AND PART 1 PLAN 4R13800 SAVE AND EXCEPT PART 2 PLAN 4R15280, KANATA. (pending severance of 2-acre lot see MLS #979210)
Year Built: 1971
Taxes: $9,894.00/2016 Taxes Estimated via City of Ottawa Property Tax Estimator.
Parking: 2 Garage Attached
Heating/Ventilation: Forced Air / Gas (Propane), Oil/ Central Air
Basement: Full / Partly Finished
Lot Size: 28 acres
Closing: To Be Arranged
Inclusions: Built/In Oven, Cooktop, Dishwasher, Dryer, Hood Fan, Refrigerator, Washer, Wine Fridge, Air Exchanger, Alarm System, Auto Garage Door Opener, Central/Built-In Vacuum, Hot Tub, Water Treatment, Window Blinds
- Foyer 25′ x 12′
- Living Room 16’6” x 33’6”
- Dining Room 17′ x 14’4”
- Kitchen 16′ x 20’6”
- Family Room 15’6” x 17′
- Den/Office 11’7” x 15’4”
- Solarium 11′ x 16′
- Partial Bath 5’10” x 5’6”
- Back Foyer 7′ x 7’4”
- Laundry 8’6” x 9’4”
- Master15’10” x 20′
- Water Closet 5’5” x 4’5”
- Dressing area including closets 21’8” x 9′
- Bedroom 2 19’3” x 14′
- Ensuite 5′ x 7’5”
- Walk in Closet 4’6” x 8′
- Bedroom 3 14′ x 13’1”
- Ensuite 5′ x 8′
- Bedroom 4 17′ x 11’10”
- Ensuite 5′ x 7’4”
- The lower level has a large amount of usable space, it has two finished shelved and panelled storage rooms. A wine cellar and an exercise room workshop and two large general storage areas. the exterior walls are for the most part covered in a rustic pine cladding. it also has a large wet bar. All floors are painted with an epoxy paint
- The property has magnificent views from a number of vantage points including the Sunny pool area featuring a Kidney shaped Gunite pool.
- The enormous cut stone and concrete patio is a welcome retreat in the Afternoon summer heat as in the afternoon you can find shade on it. a Seating area is also found adjacent to the kitchen and features a tiled floor and a joined large kidney shaped hot tub.
- The grounds have been developed with a rural/traditional look rather than an urban one. There are currently approx. 10 Acres of hay on the fields in the front of the house a local farmer cuts and removes the bails at his expense.
- There are several useful barns Lean to’s and fenced off paddocks on the property. several horses were once kept there.
- The property has many large and small planted beds with mainly perennial flowering shrubs designed to compliment the rural nature of the property and with a traditional feel the perennial beds are designed with minimal maintenance in mind, if that is not enough there is also an established orchard containing several different kinds of apples
- So bring your Horses Or don’t! The property as well as being perfect for a family could also be utilized as an Upscale B&B a corporate retreat and is situated in a rural setting but only minutes from Bustling Kanata with its wealth of shopping and amenities
- Other amenities include Eagle Creek Golf Club (5 Mins away) Marches Golf Club (5 Mins away) The area is prime for walking cycling and Jogging with smooth roads and many quite routes.
- The house features dual oil furnaces (recent vintage) also a brand new fiberglass oil tank all equipment is regularly maintained. tank and also has a water filter and softening equipment.
- The house has fire smoke and carbon monoxide detectors and is fitted with a security system.
Directions: From Hwy 417 Take March Rd N exit, right onto Dunrobin Rd, right on Riddell Dr, Riddell turns slightly left and becomes Sixth Line Rd
Contact for this listing
Mary Lou Morris